Saturday, September 8, 2012



So I decided to start reading "Children with Spina Bifida: A parents guide," which I initially received after I found out that Elly had Spina Bifida, while I was still pregnant.  Part of me wanted to read it so that I can find out more of what could possibly be in store, the other part of me, that took over, didn't want to read it because I did not want to be in panic mode my entire pregnancy. 

Overall it is a good read so far, I definitely understand the perspective of the author, as I am still working through a plethora of different emotions.  Some times I'm mad, sometimes I'm sad, some days confused, other days I'm confident, from day to day like the author says we have "peaks and valleys." There are days when I sit back and look at my little warrior in awe of all the things that she has overcome and is accomplishing daily; Then there are those days where I feel like pulling my hair out.  Sometimes I spend hours scheduling appointments and trying to figure out what the next step is that we need to take.  Don't get me wrong, our life with SB is not all bad, I have meet very intriguing people, but there is always alot of things on my to-do list.

I haven't decided if I am going to keep reading the book.  While it is a helpful tool, I do not want to fall into the trap of worrying about things that Elly is not dealing with right now. 

We have a ton of  appointments this upcoming month so I am not sure when I will have time to update.

Thank you for stopping by.

Najeema Iman

No comments:

Post a Comment